Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author

Gateway Classic Cars has opened up a new location within a few miles of us in South NJ – just across the river from Philly.
      They had some sort of open house / car show this morning, and I took a ride to check it out. They have a 63,000 square foot space with tons of gorgeous cars. Included today are this freshly restored early Mk 1a Tiger along with a "modded" Alpine (VW VR6-powered).

I wonder what they used for a gearbox on the VW mod?

^^^ Here are a couple of other pix. The windshield sign says "Toyota 5-speed".
      I did not care for the hood ๐Ÿ™

Interesting… "The original 6 cylinder engine has been removed"

Also, last time I checked, West Deptford was still in NJ. Nobody wants to admit they’re located in NJ, including the Giants and the Jets.

Yeah, well, "caveat emptor" I guess? Plus there is the whole "Get Smart" error.

FWIW – this location in West Deptford is about 3 miles ("as the crow flies") from the PHL airport, and about the same distance from National Park NJ -where the National Weather Service measures the official snowfall (any maybe rainfall as well?) at the "Philadelphia Airport", so it may be more Phila than some areas of Phila?? ๐Ÿ™„
      Plus, back in the CB Radio heydays, this side of the river was known as "the clean side" :mrgreen: … so i’d rather be over here!

Mark

http://www.gatewayclassiccars.com/denve … r-S38.html
      Here is one in their Denver showroom.

hmmm ^^^ The "resale red" is a LOT less $$ vs the NJ one that is freshly restored.

An Alpine was also used in the original Get Smart series for when they wanted to have cool gadgets on the car. More space for mounting those things.

http://www.ilovegetsmart.com/cars.html

Mike

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.