Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author

I recently ran my car at a local track and at the tec inspection It was pointed out that the fuel line running through the trans tunnel was a no no. They let me run that night, but was told to change it before comming back. I am running aluminum line and don’t want to chance it getting crushed outside the tunnel. Any thought’s on this problem.

Maicoh12, I tried running the hard alum lines myself and decided that there just was not a good place to run it without making a jillion bends and or connections to get it done. I have my fuel pump in the Alpine spare tire well bottom, mounted to the front panel of the trunk (double insulated and it is still noisy by the way) The pump is an Aeromotive elec unit with -8AN lines from the gas tanks into -6AN lines out to the carb. I made a copy of the gas tank connecting tube at the back of the trunk with the -8AN fitting welded in the center where the original came out. Then it is hard alum between there and the short braided line into the pump. Out of the pump is -6AN braided SS line that runs up the trunk panel, next to the original fuel pump mount, along the X-frame, through the paggenger side hole near the middle of the X-frame, back outside the X-frame, then up the firewall on the outer edge of the tranny tunnel (this may be a problem but I don’t think it will be as it is way over to the side) then under the brake booster to my regulator that is mounted on the far pass side of the eng compartment next to the booster (tight fit but it is neat and clean) From there you are in the engine compartment and you can do what you want. If you are unable to find a good alternate place to run your lines ask the tech if you can cover, enclose, shield, the fuel line in the area of concern. I had a friend who ran his line inside a thick wall pipe where it passed by the front U-joint and it now passes tech because the fuel line is shielded from the impact of flying parts. My other alternate was to go inside the firewall. There is a factory hole towards the outside bottom edge of the firewall transition into the floor pan. You might be able to place a second hole higher up in the firewall, say behind the brake booster, where the line could pass through and then be completely out of the trans tunnel. Let me know what you come up with. Thanks and have a great day.

I run two braided -8 lines and a -4 return line along the bottom edge of the floor board on the pass. side. to two reg, that are mounted where the power brake unit used to be. I have a mallory pump for the carb which is really quiet, and run a holley blue for the NOS which is really noisey.
      I run all braided hose that way they don’t hassel me in tech.

Thanks for the replys. I’m going to get under her this weekend and have a look see.

quote maicoh12:

I recently ran my car at a local track and at the tec inspection It was pointed out that the fuel line running through the trans tunnel was a no no. They let me run that night, but was told to change it before comming back. I am running aluminum line and don’t want to chance it getting crushed outside the tunnel. Any thought’s on this problem.

What did it run?

Fast Tiger, The best run was 12.52 at a little over 112. This was through mufflers and no spacer under the carb. It’s run better times before without the hood,spacer,&uncorked pipes. But the track is getting a little harder on regulations. I’m having a real hard time hooking up.

[quote="maicoh12"]Fast Tiger, The best run was 12.52 at a little over 112. This was through mufflers and no spacer under the carb. It’s run better times before without the hood,spacer,&uncorked pipes. But the track is getting a little harder on regulations. I’m having a real hard time hooking up.[/quote
      That’s good for running on motor, how much motor do you have and what kind of tires do you run?

[quote="maicoh12"]Fast Tiger, The best run was 12.52 at a little over 112. This was through mufflers and no spacer under the carb. It’s run better times before without the hood,spacer,&uncorked pipes. But the track is getting a little harder on regulations. I’m having a real hard time hooking up.[/quote

Thst’s good for running on motor, how much motor do you have and what kind of tires do you run?

Fast Tiger, The motor is 289 block,302 crank,289 rod,KB piston,ported 351 heads chevy valves,edelbrock rpm cam,sharp rockers,x-celerator manifold,holley 650dp,windage tray,road race pan,1.5 inch headers,2 1/4 exhust. I’m running on 245-50-15 dunlop tires. With a better set of headers it should make about 350hp. It’s using a set of modified weld on traction bars(1 1/4 in pipe). I need to feather the accelerator pedal about 60 ft before putting it to the metal.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.