Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Very pleased for accept my entry at TEA, please excuse me my bad English. I´m Spanish. My interest for Rootes Cars come from many years ago, I saw to Peter Harpe, Ray Calcut, Robert Waid, who was drivers of Alan Fraser Racing Team, driving their cars with passion at urbans circuit in Tenerife, the island where i lived. My father had a Hillman Hunter 1725 c.c. with which a raced in Rally, Hill Climbing and Circuit Urban, about the year 71 and 72 from the last century. Actually I try to remake this car, but don´t have an actual code for the old ICI paint. Rootes 129 Golden Sand, crossed with the Berger paint from India, 404.3506, but this work actually don´t manufacture car´s paint, only for home. Could somebody help me with an actual paint code or % of each base component ?. Thanks .

Welcome. I would venture to guess that Rootes cars are rather unusual in the Canary Islands?

True, Berger does do house paint, but once you have the color code, a local supplier should be able to cross-reference it for you.

Here’s another cross reference list.
      http://www.sa.hillman.org.au/PaintCodes.htm

A couple of other color matching options:
      1. APS Tower Paints (APSTowerPaint.com) will make paints if you give them the original Rootes color code. They sell a spray rattle can and a 2 oz liquid jar of enamel touch up paint. You can purchase paint from them and then color match. I have purchased both a spray can and the enamel touch up paint from APS Tower Paints.
      2. Jan Servaites <jservaites@woh.rr.com> sells color samples. I purchased a color sample from Jan. The color sample I received appears to be a sprayed CD. You can color match Jan’s sample.

Mike

quote hartdm:

A couple of other color matching options:
      1. APS Tower Paints (APSTowerPaint.com) will make paints if you give them the original Rootes color code. They sell a spray rattle can and a 2 oz liquid jar of enamel touch up paint. You can purchase paint from them and then color match. I have purchased both a spray can and the enamel touch up paint from APS Tower Paints.
      2. Jan Servaites sells color samples. I purchased a color sample from Jan. The color sample I received appears to be a sprayed CD. You can color match Jan’s sample.

Mike

Thanks Mike, it s a good idea. I will try it. Regards

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.