Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Sean Johnson
      Participant

Recently a couple of cars have been listed on different sites purporting to be valid. These cars are both Mk1a’s and they are NOT currently for sale.

B382001568LRXFE and B382002020LRXFE. Both of these cars were listed on Bring a Trailer in 2021. The listings on-line now have lifted all of the pictures from both BaT listings. The first time the vendor was supposedly auto-liquidator sales in Houston Tx. There is a “real” business there with that name and they have stated that the listings are NOT them and are a fraud. When questioned about the cars the website was completely deleted and replaced with another website with the same content, but different name.

This is obviously a ploy to steal a deposit and run away. The cars are priced well below what they would appear to be worth. if it’s too good to be true, it probably is.

Probably the best advice that I can give, is request a pic with a baseball hat placed on the hood of the car. If they can do that, they have the car in front of them… otherwise, probably not!

Bob and Jean Webb
        Participant

Sean,
          I doubt that there are many members of the club that are looking for a car. There are several nice cars for sale in this part of the world. You need to join the club so you can receive the news letter to see what’s for sale. There might be one that would interest you.

Sean Johnson
          Participant

Bob,

I don’t buy and sell cars, so that part of club membership would be of no value to me. I don’t go on local tours either. Something about 8 back surgeries makes driving over long distance uncomfortable, and in any event, if I’m driving, I do not want to be surrounded be people driving 10 miles an hour under the speed limit.

What I do, is pre-sale inspections, service and full restorations. My being on the forums allows me to pass along information for parts sources and general technical information. I can do all of that without being a member of a club. I do not need to advertise; all of my business is repeat work for long term clients and referrals. I’m as busy as I want to be.

I passed along the info on these 2 cars in the hopes that it might save someone from being separated from their money, and for no other reason.

Bob and Jean Webb
            Participant

There are conversions that show up at events and no one makes an issue of it. Uniteds are like a family reunion and not an event to bash owners cars. The work folks have done to their cars whether it’s a Tiger, Alpine, Hillman, Talbot, etc.is appreciated by others. Not criticized.

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.