Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

Hi,

Does anyone have one of the above mentioned oil filter adaptors fitted to their Tiger? If so, would it be possible to post a picture of the installed item? I am thinking of purchasing one for my Tiger so that I can rearrange the coil in my engine bay.

Thank you, Robin.

is the what you are looking for? hope that this would help you. i have this picture of the ford parts that you’ve mention above. here it is.

YOU ARE LOOKING FOR THE FORD 90 DEGREE ADAPTER AS USED ON THE FORD ECONOLINE.
      NORM MILLER HAS A POST ON CLASSIC TIGER.COM WITH PICTURE. YOU MUST USE AN OIL FILTER FOR A TAURUS AS THE ARE SMALLER IN DIAMETER THAN THE STANDARD FORD FILTER, OTHERWISE IT WORKS GREAT.

Don’t have a photo, but here’s a description. It’s the part formerly sold under the Ford SVO line, not the Econoline piece. Angled back about 45 degrees from vertical so as to clear the crossmember, and using stock exhaust manifolds. Using a regualr size filter works ok, but I did find I needed to put a small dent in the oil pan, not for the filter but to be able to get a filter wrench on it.

George White
      Participant

Anyone ever used a Ford racing aluminum oil filter relocator with Cat 1 5/8 longtube headers

Paul and Mary Freen
        Participant

I tried, but it does not fit. However, I had the new blue anodized model from Ford Racing. I had to get a stock oil system setup to make it fit.

I used a recently purchased new CAT header. They needed a bit of denting to get them to clear the engine mounts.

It is all very tight.

George White
            Participant

I figured that-i’m probably going to do a remote oil filter relocation kit in the wheelwell

Viewing 5 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.