Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

just about to change my oil and was going to use 15W/50 synthetic (mobil1) but given the cool temperate climate much of the year here in england i’m thinking maybe 10W/30 would be better.

i have a mildly tuned 302 with about 4000 miles on it and a slightly leaky remote oil filter adapter ๐Ÿ™‚

what do the rest of you use?

thanks.

alpine-64
      Participant

If you look at a previous thread i started recently i went through the oil choices. On the weekend i put in mobil 1 super S fully synthetic 10-30W.. very $$$.. but good.

oops, sorry. and it was so recently covered!

the place i bought the 15/50 motorsport oil from has 10/40 super s (less than half the price) or 5/30 ESP (even more expensive – US$30/litre!).

i guess i’ll go for the 10/40. i change every 1000 miles or so anyhow.

thanks.

quote odl21:

just about to change my oil and was going to use 15W/50 synthetic (mobil1) but given the cool temperate climate much of the year here in england i’m thinking maybe 10W/30 would be better.

i have a mildly tuned 302 with about 4000 miles on it and a slightly leaky remote oil filter adapter ๐Ÿ™‚

what do the rest of you use?

thanks.

I have been using 15W40 but 10W40 would be better in the winter and just as thick in the summer. But my oil filter adapter also leaks!

Just remember Synthetic will find any weak areas in the gaskets and leak out like water, so make sure everything is in exellent shape! You may need to run regular oil for a few more miles before switching over to syn. oil, just a note I have been there and done that.

Viewing 4 reply threads
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.