Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Can a F4B intake fit under a stock tigers hood with a 1/2 inch spacer plate

Jim

quote jkirchne:

Can a F4B intake fit under a stock tigers hood with a 1/2 inch spacer plate

Jim

Mine did. I have an Edelbrock carb with the Tiger embossed air cleaner on top of the F4B. but -for what it is worth, my "Tiger" is a Series IV Alpine conversion and there may be a slight variation from a stock Tiger.

Try Placing a thin piece of foam or styrofoam on top of the air cleaner and gently close the hood. You will be able to see what clearance you have.

Paul

Paul

you said that the F4B intake and carb fit is that with a spacer or without. My current setup is a Edelbrock RPM intake with no spacer it misses the hood(LAT) by a fraction of an inch.

Jim

quote jkirchne:

Paul

you said that the F4B intake and carb fit is that with a spacer or without. My current setup is a Edelbrock RPM intake with no spacer it misses the hood(LAT) by a fraction of an inch.

Jim

With a .28 inch spacer it clears easily. With the 1/2 inch spacer it clears, but just barely. It is a tight fit.

Paul

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.