Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

I have seen posts here before regarding early tigers having a black plastic dash and I don’t recall what serial that feature ended. Was there the cutoff serial number ever determined? B9470252 is for sale on Ebay and it appears to have an original dash (black plastic) installed. The car does have several modifications and is the red interior a stock option?

According to some recent discussion on the CAT forum, 0397 is the last known to have a black dash. However, since Tigers were not completed in exact order by VIN, a few before that number may have a wood dash.

James Lindner
      Keymaster

TAH

Some items to consider.

Red interior was a stock option on 947XXXX cars…but NOT on a car that was Midnight Blue (Color Code 58). Also no contrasting center panels on the seats, although contrasting piping was available.

0252 is well within the range for the black vinyl dash, but several switches have been moved/added resulting in new holes in the "original" dash–for example the ignition warning light has been moved to directly above the ignition switch resulting in a new hole for the light.

"All original gauges" ๐Ÿ™„ . From what I can see…Fuel, water temp and tach are incorrect.

Jim

Thanks for your input.
        The 289 HiPo valve lash is .018 and I noticed this has been added to the spec plate. Someone might be getting 289 HiPo with this car…mine happened to come with one.

Phil

Viewing 3 reply threads
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.