Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

I have a Delco 3 wire alternator and Ford Voltage Regulator. I came across this tech tip which helped greatly but I have some questions…

M33 – Fitting a Delco Alternator to a Series V Alpine

I bought the regulator from NAPA…..

http://www.napaonline.com/napa/en/p/MPE … 0354897235

Question, the alternator and regulator I have differ from the markings in the tech article. My alternators markings are FLD, BAT, STE and GRD, and on my regulator instead of F 2 3 4 mine has I A S F. On my regulator am I correct in assuming F=F, 2=S, 3=A and 4=I ? If that’s true then according to the article wouldn’t my connections be, F->FLD, S->also to FLD (not STE?), A->former Lucas Alternator Relay brown wire, I->former Lucas Alternator Warning Light Simulator brown/black wire along with new resistor circuit as per diagram.

Has anyone used this article to install their Delco alternator? Thanks

Dan Richardson
      Participant

I have run a 1 wire Delco Alternator on my SV Alpine 1725 engine for more than 6 years with not trouble. I simply followed the instructions that came with the Pete’s Performance wiring I purchased while doing the restoration of my SV. (NOTE: Paul A has turned over the wiring sales to Stev Suttleton Sunalp on the SAOCA Forum).

Later when I converted the engine to a FORD 2.8 V6 I “keep” the 1 wire Delco. It is a very simple conversion.

Recently I came upon an Article written by Tom Hayden (Tom H is on the SAOCA Forum) that covers the conversion of the Alternator and wiring for the SV to a 1 wire Hitachi 14231. Nicely written for even a dummy like me to follow.

I can’t figure a way to load the “DOCUMENT”, so send me an E-mail if you want it…..

DanR

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.