Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

I have researched to a point my chassis and engine numbers – can someone help fill in the blanks?

Chassis # B382002193 LRXFE L – L.H.D. Export, R – Roadster, X – Non-Standard What does the F and E stand for? Prefix ‘B’ = 1960 on wards

Engine # 7288 B19KC – No idea what these mean

Carburetor FOMOCO C30F AJ Tag on Carburetor
      A 4AB ???1963 K code carb for 1963 Fairlane based on AJ designation??? Ford type 4100??? Any help on this is appreciated – CFM?

Intake Manifold C40E 9425 – B Stamped -1964 Fairlane Intake based on ‘O’?
      4D3 Stamped
      c = decade, 3/4 = 1963/1964, O = Fairlane – the rest I do not know.

I am trying to figure out what motor I have, 260, 289 or 289 HiPo?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Joel 910-715-1967 days, 910-673-7876 nights or via post.

The Fe stands for Ford Engine.

The B at the end of the part number is a version id if I recall correctly.

Go to this website and join (free). You can ask any question you want about Tigers and get straight answers very quickly.

http://autox.team.net

Fred Baum

Correction —

Go to Tigers@autox.team.net

This is the address for the dialog that goes on between Tiger owners.

The other one is the address to sihn up.

Fred

Also, as far as the engine number is concerned, The code may have meant something to Rootes, but they weren’t associated specifically to each engine, in fact I’d guess that someone probably just went down the line of engines and slapped the stickers on the valve covers as they were feed to the production line.

So, since the only identifier for a particular engine was the sticker, it’s not possible to know absolutely for sure that you have the original engine. One thing you can do is check the build date on the flat by the distributor. If it’s approximately 2 months before the car’s build, then you probably have the original. If not, if it’s later or significantly earlier, then it’s probably been replaced. With what will require knowing the part number on the side of the block.

Joel
      7288 is the sequence number; B19KC = 2/19/65; the engine group; these numbers were issued by Ford; the accounting system for engines going to Rootes.

Carb C3OF-AJ is a 289 HiPo carb, 600 cfm
      INtake C4OE-9425-B is the 298 HiPo intake maniford
      4D3= casting date April 3, 1964

The only way to know what engine you have without tearing it down is to read the block casting # that is just above the starter.

I have been doing a study on the original casting numbers for the Tiger engine groups. The more information I put together the better the study. I will gladly help anyone decode casting #s and date codes.
      rfraser@bluefrog.com

REMOVE VALVE COVER , IF YOU HAVE SCREW IN ROCKER STUDS AND YOUR VALVE SPRINGS SIT IN A RETAINING POCKET YOU HAVE HIPO HEADS. 3/8 BOLTS IN YOUR CONNECTING RODS YOU HAVE HIPO RODS. SAME AS BOSS RODS. REMOVE OIL PAN AND IF YOU HAVE 1" MAIN CAPS FROM TOP TO BOTTOM YOU HAVE A HIPO BLOCK. # IS ON CASTING FLANGE OVER TOP OF STARTER IF IT IS A HIPO.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.