Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Tom and Pam Jeffers
      Participant

Patrick Johnson posted on Facebook Sunbeam Tiger page https://www.facebook.com/groups/58077944065/?fref=nf today that his dad passed away yesterday.

"We lost a true a icon in the sunbeam world yesterday.for those who knew David Johnson would all agree he truly helped preserve the mark and loved his tiger..but will always be looking down and smiling on all the sunbeam owners who shared his passion."

Dave was a long time member and the MidWest Regional Representative for as long as I remember. He has and will be missed.

Pam

Sad news.
        I remember Dave always being very friendly, especially when we were still "newbies" to the Club.
        R.I.P.

Mark

My condolences go to Patrick and his family at the passing of his father, Dave.

When I was looking to purchase a Tiger in 1993 and found one in a northern suburb of Chicago, Dave was a TEAE regional rep and I called him. Over the course of a couple of phone calls, he talked me through what to look for in a Tiger and provided some information about the owner whom he had met a few times at British car gatherings in the area. With his helpful information and encouragement, I drove down to Chicago from Minnesota and bought the Tiger. Second to asking my wife to marry me, it was the best decision I ever made.

Sadly, I never got the chance to meet him in person and thank him for his support.

May he rest in peace.

Randy Zimmermann

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.