Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Ron Seeholzer
      Participant

My Tiger has a very non-stock dashboard that I would like to restore to stock. Somewhere in it’s history a "plywood" dash was added to permit a stereo and speakers to be installed. I just purchased a replacement dash from Sunbeam Specialties and a wiring harness from British Wiring and I am looking for a shop to perform the restoration. I need someone with experience with the Sunbeam wiring and reasonably close to Akron Ohio. Whoever did the conversion has installed a homebuilt "fuse panel" on the passenger footwell and fully enclosed the transmission hump in the same wood as the dash. Any recommendations? Any feel for what the cost might be? I would try it myself but I do not want to get half way through and need to tow the car to the shop to complete the work.

Jeff Nichols
        Participant

You may want to try Doug Jennings in Dayton. He is semi-retired from the Sunbeam business but he may help you 937-259-6800

Does it still have the original gauges and switches?? If so then a swap back to the original type dash and wiring is fairly straight foreward to do if you have a good wiring diagram since you wouldn’t need to find original or allow for replacements. Too bad we’re on opposite sides of the state or I’d help you out with it.

Call this guy in Tallmadge, Bill Demattia 330 630-2718

Viewing 3 reply threads
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.