Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

I am restoring ’65 Tiger B9473202. Per Norm Miller, I have what he calls a "crossover body" car. It has square hood an door corners with unfilled seams, and the trunk lid has round corner and with filled seams on the top of the quarters. The door upholster is of the GT type with padded tops. The car has the three piece hard metal top boot and the rear view mirror is of the Mk1a style. Per Norm, this is all correct. I have found no written references to the crossover bodies. Does anyone else have any comments or information? At what VIN did this start? Does this have any implication for the value of this car?
      Thanks!
      Zach
      Greenville, SC

quote autophyle56:

I am restoring ’65 Tiger B9473202. Per Norm Miller, I have what he calls a “crossover body” car. It has square hood an door corners with unfilled seams, and the trunk lid has round corner and with filled seams on the top of the quarters. The door upholster is of the GT type with padded tops. The car has the three piece hard metal top boot and the rear view mirrors is of the Mk1a style. Per Norm, this is all correct. I have found no written references to the crossover bodies. Does anyone else have any comments or information? At what VIN did this start? Does this have any implication for the value of this car?
      Thanks!
      Zach
      Greenville, SC

hope this would help.. Vinyl Top Color: black
      Interior Color: white
      Visible Options: hurst wheels, redline tires, tripower, pinstripes, chrome exhaust tips extensions splitters,

alpine-64
      Participant

The crossover body cars occured in alpine and tiger production in 1965, they are known in alpines as IVa’s (like tiger IA, its a retrospective tag) they also continued like tigers into early SV/IA production, this is where the MKIA/SV bodies have the vynil hood bags and fresh air vents but round corner trunks (boots).

I have the info somewhere on the cross over point.. it neither adds, nor detracts from the value.

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.