Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

Hi all:

Does anyone have a photo or a diagram of the clutch slave cylinder as installed on a 260 5 bolt?

I have searched through all my Tiger books and the Tiger workshop manual and have not been able to locate either a picture or a diagram. Any help will be appreciated. I am not sure how the bracket is attached to the bell housing and I’m looking for some help. I’ve posted a couple of pictures with this message. {Right click on the image to see the full image. For some reason it only loads a partial image.}

The project continues to move forward. The rebuilt 289 5 bolt engine has arrived. The tranny is on its way back from David Key Top Loader Transmissions. The additional necessary items to install the engine have arrived. I might actually have this car ready to drive to SUNI V. In advance, many thanks.

from sunny South Dakota,

Paul

That’s a nice bracket you have there. It’s one of the nicest fabricated brackets I have seen. I sold my 5 bolt brackets I had several years ago. Can’t help on photo. We have a local Beam meet on teh 21st of this month. I’ll see if we can dig one up.

As Tom says, that’s a fabricated bracket… but it probably attaches in the same way as the stock piece. If you’re standing behind the engine/transmission to the left side (where you’d be sitting as the driver) then the bracket attaches using the two most counterclockwise block-to-bellhousing bolts. The slave cylinder part and hydraulic line faces are removed, and the piston and rod exit rearwards.

.. I found this picture on the web (assuming it lets me link right into eBay)

The bracket attaches using the two bolt holes at 9 and 10 o’clock relative to the transmission input shaft centerline.

quote tigertoms:

That’s a nice bracket you have there. It’s one of the nicest fabricated brackets I have seen. I sold my 5 bolt brackets I had several years ago. Can’t help on photo. We have a local Beam meet on teh 21st of this month. I’ll see if we can dig one up.

Hi Tom – Theo

Thanks for the feedback. It’s nice to know I have a nice slave cylinder bracket, even if it will not fit! Grrrrrrr ๐Ÿ‘ฟ

I was quite sure that it was designed to fit as described by Theo. However, the curvature of the bracket is too tight causing the bracket to hit against the bell housing so that the mounting holes will not line up. I guess I’ll have to see if I can find one somewhere or else fabricate one that will actually work.

I found a throwout fork (clutch release lever). I now need to figure how to fasten it in place using the spring clip. The mounting bracket is in place on the bell housing and it’s obvious where the lever pivots on the bracket. What is not presently obvious is how to slide the clip in place to hold it to the bracket mount.

from sunny, windy South Dakota

Paul

Paul

Paul, here is a link to a pic of a stock bracket on one of my engines. It’s the best I can do without moving a lot of stuff around. Hope it helps, Jeff. http://rides.webshots.com/photo/2030745 … host=rides

thanks for the photo "jmthehermit" That is exactly what I needed to see! ๐Ÿ˜€

from sunny south Dakota,

Paul

Hi again

Thanks to Doug Jennings at Tiger Auto in Dayton, OH, I now have a clutch slave cylinder
      bracket. ๐Ÿ˜€

He also helped me out with a couple of other items. What a great resource he is!

from windy, cold South Dakota – home to SUNI V in June

Paul

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.