Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author

Anyone else read the article in this month’s Classic Motorsports magazine on the restoration of Doane Spencer’s "Hollywood Tiger".
      Nice bit of history and some good photos.

http://classicmotorsports.net/news.php?p=429

Just made it to page 116… there’s a photo of the BASH at Carlisle, with Tiger Tom’s car in the foreground. ๐Ÿ˜€

CLASSIC MOTORSPORTS is one nice magazine.The Publisher,Tim Suddard,is restoring a Tiger which will be covered in subsequent issues. The text and pictures of the Spencer Tiger in the November 2007 issue are just first rate. I subscribed to the magazine. frank mooney

Along with these articles are ones by Stu Brennan, page 119; a photo of Richard Fritz’s 1953 Alpine on page 123; and a reference to our club at the end of the Hollywood Tiger article, page 64.

All members should have also received a free copy of Classic Motorsports, courtesy of Tim Suddard. By the way, Tim joined TE/AE a couple months ago.

Fred Baum

Well a "hip hip hooraa" for our new member Tim then… I wondered what I did to deserve a free issue!?!?! Thanks Mr. Suddard !!!

Now Eric. I thought your father-in-law taught you that you should read your Rootes Review from cover to cover.

Go to the September, 2007 issue and read the email on page 9.

Fred

Reading the fine print,so to speak,in the article we can peak online at classic motorsports.net and get a resoration preview. frank mooney

If you read down to the section titled 4/3/2007 you will find a reference to TE/AE along with our website. Hopefully this information gets into the final article.

Fred Baum

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.