Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Gene Sokolowski
      Participant

Are center console mounting brackets used to attach the console to the drive line tunnel? I can’t seem to find any information in the Tiger Workshop Manual or referenced in forum threads. My Tiger was completely apart when I bought it. The console seems to be a little bit wider than the tunnel it mounts to, and the screw holes in the console seem to be about a half an inch above the hole pattern in the tunnel.
        Thanks
        Gene

No mounts are used-just a few small sheet metal screws. Is the console the original one that came with the car with the ashtray mounted to the front of it ? Not sure why the screw holes don’t line up maybe the carpet is causing the height difference? Eric

Gene Sokolowski
        Participant

Hi Eric,
          The console I have does have the ashtray on the front (not sure it was the original with the car as all parts I got with the stripped down car were in boxes). It seems correct. I will check the carpet or possible other interference as you suggest. Not sure that is the problem yet.
          I know the early 1960s falcons with consoles had mounting brackets, thats why I posed the question about the Tiger console.
          Thanks
          Gene

Gene Sokolowski
          Participant

Eric,
            Just wanted to post a quick update. It was operator error — me. I inserted the console by lowering it into place. Now that might seem logical but …
            when I inserted the back of the console against the package shelf and then lowered the front of the console in place it fit perfectly. I’m blaming old age. LOL
            Thanks
            Gene

No problem Gene-I am glad it was an easy fix. Wish some of my car problems were so easy…..! Eric

Viewing 4 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.