Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author

I am currently looking for repair panels for my Series V and find what I need listed in Classic Sunbeam ‘s catalog and Victoria British catalog.
      I have heard that Victoria British panels need a lot of work to get right. Do you have any experience with the panels from Classic? Would they be a better fit?
      I am also looking for a body shop to install panels and do the paint in the Allentown Pa area.
      Any help is appreciated. I would like to get this on the road this year. The last time out was in 2010 when I went to the Hellertown British motorcar gathering. It was the seventh car Richard Fritz mentioned in Volume 36, No. 8 (August 2010).
      I won the Diamond in the Rough award. I enjoyed the show. Richard forgot my name but he got a nice picture of a rough car.

You may want to check out "Hilland Motorcars" right down in the West Chester PA area, not too far. TE/AE member Jeff Fralick works there, they have worked on several Tigers over the last bunch of years including major restoration work on a couple of Mk2s. Jeff has also built a couple of nice "Algers" in addition to some Tigers. They’ve been a big help to me with various types of work. Wayne has restored "other British" cars to AACA Grand-National level.

I don’t think that they have a website, but I did find a facebook page…

Try some local junkyards also for a cheaper option.

I haven’t seen a Sunbeam in a junkyard in many years but if you see one please post. I did buy one front fender panel to see how it was. I received a nicely made panel and ordered the rest from the same vendor.
      The three patch panels I received were much different and appeared to be from a different manufacturer. It took a lot of time and work to fit them and I’m still not happy with the results. The panels for the rear wheel arch in front of the rear wheel were too short by more than 3/8 of and inch. I can cut panels down but making them bigger was a lot off work. It was till better than making it from scratch.

Try:

Ken Beck at K&T Vintage Sports Cars.
      1511 East Woodlawn Avenue
      Allentown, PA
      484-664-2353

His shop has restored concours winning LBCs and they have worked on my Tiger and at least two other Alpines that I know of. Not cheap, but you get what you pay for. Tell Ken I sent you to him. I get nothing from this recommendation except a thank you.

Fred Baum

Thanks for the reply. I talked to him first. I gave him all my information but never heard from him-more than six months ago. I guess he’s too busy to take on Sunbeam work.
      He didn’t seem to know much about Sunbeams

Dan Richardson
      Participant

You must be slightly aggressive but humble when trying to get something from a very busy shop:)

I’m always humble but never aggressive. I don’t want somebody working for me that I have to coerce to take my money.

Viewing 7 reply threads
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.