Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

I have a customer that wants to fit bigger tires under the back of his 65. He wants to use the car for road driving and dragging. I was thinking about going with a 15×8 in the back with a tire between 235-265. What are people’s opinions on this? I guess fender flairs and moving the leave springs might also work. Is anyone running similar tires and if so what did you do to make them fit. Anyone back half their car. If we back halved it we would put in a four link. The guy flipped over his last tiger after three weeks because all it wanted to do is burn tire and come around. He says his motor puts out around 500hp.

I put 235-60-15 Drag radials on the back of my car. I moved the leaf spring in 1" moved the rear end back approx.1 1/2” and cussed alot. You can see my car on the BritishV8 site.

How well does it hook up? How much hp are you running? Could you use more tire or is it pretty well matched? What do you run for front tires? Does it push or still handle well?

[quote="Murdawg Custom"]How well does it hook up? How much hp are you running? Could you use more tire or is it pretty well matched? What do you run for front tires? Does it push or still handle well?[/quote

The car has been in the low 1:40’s 60 foot times and pulls the front wheels.
      Horsepower was about 680-690 to the rear wheels on the bottle.
      Now with the twin turbos we are going for 800hp to the rear wheels, really don’t think the suspension will take anymore then that. Would really like a little wider tire but this is as big as I will go, I won’t tub this car.
      The front tires are the skinny 165/15.
      Now for the last question, car only goes in a straight line, no more autocross. The car does ride alot better with the 15" tires.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.