Tagged: 

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Ron and Cathy Stein
      Participant

Seems to be a revolving door of Tigers on Bring a Trailer lately This one is near the end of it’s run:

No Reserve: 52-Years-Owned 1966 Sunbeam Tiger Mk 1A

and this one is just starting:

1966 Sunbeam Tiger Mk 1A

289’s for everyone!! LOL

I can’t believe the improvements on the red one since it sold on BAT in 2019. Man, those little details make a big difference!

Ron and Cathy Stein
        Participant

It will be interesting to see the sale or high bid number compared to 2019. The bid is already close to what it sold for in 2019, with over 6 days left, so it looks like the owner should be rewarded for his efforts. Sean J, aka austinhealer, orchestrated the new engine so I’m sure it is properly done. Sean knows his stuff. He is currently restoring a Mk2 Tiger that I sold him a year or so ago.

I haven’t met Sean. Sure hope to some time.

The latest comments on the red one and the info on trans and rear end numbers is a little confusing. Perhaps someone will comment or clarify. I’m just watching it for fun. One Tiger is enough for us.

warren-g
          Participant

Sean is a unique guy. He bought several of the AC housing’s I had to ask him to cease and desist buying them on ePay:)
            If I wanted to throw the $ away I’d rather throw it back at him!

Joseph Urban
            Participant

It appears the MK1A does not have any of original drive train – I have not seen the Jensen ledger entry to show that.

Ron and Cathy Stein
              Participant

The Jensen ledger, and the Rootes Heritage Certificate provide information about the way the car left the factory, and not modifications done afterwards.

Joseph Urban
                  Participant

I understand that the Certificates and records do not reflect changes, but in the case of the MK1a currently on BAT it was unclear how much was changed or modified.

warren-g
                  Participant

What’s troubling is the best down one buyer is free to do. As well as the following reposting of do not reproduce marked pages. Nevermind that Coventry sends out a whole page when someone asks them for $$ . Every Tiger owner should send them a letter to please only send out the details of the car requested. This is especially important since we have no secondary stamping. I remember talking to Norm and his ” Boy we are screwed.”

Lots of cars have repop tags but they also have secondary stampings.Too bad the TIROST is Kaput as a agent of KAOS would say 🙁 Otherwise you’d see the old Normism about removal of tags.
                    Yes I have tracked many of the fake tags I see and I’d have to really get a good deal on one of I was to buy one.

Viewing 7 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.