Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Ed Gullett
      Participant

I am installing the rear disc brake conversion that Dan Richardson sells from South Carolina. Nice set and an easy install . However my problem came as one of the hubs was seized onto the axel. After trying innumerable ways to get it apart I had to pull the axel and take it to a shop where they cut the bearings and seal off the axel in order to press the hub off. The problem was the dummy working on my car (me) didn’t take a photo of the seal and bearing locations. Now I have a nice bare axel and new bearing and seals and have no idea of the correct location. I went to the workshop manual but the diagram doesn’t look quit the same as the real stuff. If someone could look at the attached pictures and tell me which position the seal should sit.
        Alt 1 – seal mounts on the differential side of the ridge on axel, with open side towards wheel.
        Alt 2 – seal mounts on the wheel side of the ridge on axel, with open side towards wheel.
        Alt 3 – seal mounts on the differential side of the ridge on axel, with closed side towards wheel.
        Alt 4 – seal mounts on the wheel side of the ridge on axel, with closed side towards wheel.
        The shop I went to doesn’t know or remember.
        Someone please respond so I can finish this!!!!
        Thanks

Viewing 0 reply threads
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.