Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author

i get worried about leaving the tiger out at stores even for 20 min. What are you using as anti theft? i have been suggested using a hidden toggle switch to cut of fuel, but i dont know how to set one up.

Joey

The lead for the fuel pump passes behind your seat over to the pas side parcel shelf. Reach back in a comfortable manner and mount the toggle, on/off switch where your arm meets the wire. If you make it very obvious people will pick up on what you are doing. Nobody has noticed mine until NOW! 😆

Rob Martel

Excellent idea, much easier than creating something where the wipers need to be on w/a left turn signal and parking lights, etc. combination.

Did you just use a Lucas style toggle or something different? I’ve had the same thought myself.

Any low-profile switch will do. Lucas would be my choice for turning off the power, might not come on though with Lucas 😛

Rob

I have a battery cutoff in the trunk and an in-line fuse for the fuel pump that I can pop out and put in my pocket. Depending on the neighborhood and time left unattended, I use one or both. They both come in handy when working on the car.

I have a keyed power cut-off switch in my car (not telling where :)). It cuts the power to the whole car. Haven’t seen one in a long time so I don’t know if they are still available. I have seen the ones with the knob, but not keyed.

A friend has a switch for his coil mounted on his dashboard. It is a Lucas switch and looks like the rest of the switches. It’s even marked with one of those little metal tags, but it doesn’t say “coil cut-out switch” 🙂

Fred Baum

I also have the fuel cut off switch.Have forgotten it was engaged at home and nearly backed out of the driveway to exclaim what now when it stalled.Thats when you slap yourself.On the Lister I also have the Grant removable steering wheel.You know”no wheel no steal” idea.It is keyed and takes only seconds to remove and place in the locked trunk.It has one of those fancy type of steel caps to replace the wheel.The kind of steel like the club is made of.
      8) and another sunny day but snow for tomorrow

quote CLEVITE:

A friend has a switch for his coil mounted on his dashboard. It is a Lucas switch and looks like the rest of the switches. It’s even marked with one of those little metal tags, but it doesn’t say “coil cut-out switch” 🙂

Fred Baum

Excellent Idea , Toss the blower before the wipers? Recently a Push starter button for a 1954 Alpine was on ebay and I plan to Incorporate/Recycle one of those into my crime-prevention program. 8) Is it Not A natural Requirement for A Roadster to be started with a Push-Button? 😛

Rob

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.