Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

35 large for an unassembled B947 serial numbered car which IIRC should have the three doors to cover the top. Look at the rear shot with the roll bar. Isn’t that a conv top well thats usually found on the B382 series cars? This is a rare car indeed. :mrgreen: Jeff

Its gone. Did you tell the seller?

It’s still on ebay, #320210258871. Why tell the seller? It’s better to point out the questionable areas to potential buyers. Who, if they were smart, would do research at Tiger sites. I know of one rebodied red tiger that was constructed out of a very solid white Series V Alpine body that I had stripped a lot of parts from in the early 80’s.

Hi guys,

There is also an Alpine with a V8 conversion in Australia and are asking $30K ($35K buy it now). No one is that silly are they ๐Ÿ˜• .

Regards, Robin.

quote jmthehermit:

I know of one rebodied red tiger that was constructed out of a very solid white Series V Alpine body that I had stripped a lot of parts from in the early 80’s.

Where is this car? I just bought a red Tiger that was originally white.

I have no idea where the car is today. If your car has the original rivets securing the ID tag you should be okay. Althought it doesn’t preclude the fact that a section of the original cowl piece with the tag might have been welded onto the donor car. A TAC sticker would be better. After twenty some years these cars have seldom stayed in one spot too long. There are very few long time owners that can give a history on their cars. I have owned my Tiger since 1969 and can trace back to the original owner.

^^ I am 95% confident it is the real deal. It does have the original rivets and all of the other important cues that it is the real deal. Norman has also verified that all number match. I will get it TACed at TU 31 this year to be 100%.

Auction update – the seller ended it early whet it was at $6,666.66 Here is the verbiage "The seller ended this listing early because of an error in the listing." Looks like some clued him in on his clone.

Thanks,
      Duke

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.