Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

Hello all,

I just picked up this alternator bracket – http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI … 0297229760 – however after trying many different configurations I’m not sure exactly how to install it.

Has anyone on this board tried installing a bracket like this?

Any suggestions?

Thank you,

Sheldon

The unit you have is for Ford Mustang, they bolt to the clyinder head face on the drivers side of the motor, it may work on the other side as well. Good luck! ๐Ÿ™‚

Hi Sheldon,

The other thing to be aware of is the position the alternator when using other Ford bracket suited for other cars. Just check the new position does not foul with the bonnet, etc or put the alternator out of alignment with the other pulley’s. Nice looking set of bracket though.

Regards, Robin.

Hi guys,

Thank you for your advice. I have a couple more ideas so I’ll give it a shot on the weekend.

With the bracket that came with the car, the alternator was sitting on the lower rad hose and we only had about 1/2" of adjustment for the belt. I have not looked at another Tiger but maybe this is normal?

Sheldon

Hi Sheldon,

The standard setup for the Tiger, puts the generator or alternator up fairly high (due to the engine bay size) and allows for adequate adjustment. It sounds like you never had the correct bracket.

Regards, Robin.

Hello Robin,

I agree, it does not sound like we had a correct bracket. This is along the lines of what we replaced:

We actually did manage to get that other bracket installed and it looks really good. We test fit the LAT hood and it has a lot of clearance so we’re really happy with it. ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.