Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

I am a "newbie" who wants to purchase an Alpine and convert it with the "Jose V6" kit. I have found a possible starting car but can’t find anything on where to purchase one of the v6 installation kits. Is this still the best way to upgrade the power or is there a more recent engine combination that people are using? I really liked the kit concept in terms of having all the brackets that I would need. Any guidance on where to find this kit, or a different approach, is appreciated.

Reference this earlier post……
      https://www.teae.org/cars/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1131

You can PM or email Jose and find out what he’s able to supply.

Dan Richardson
      Participant

I have designed and fabricated components for installing the Ford (’74-78 Mutt II and’83-85 Ranger/Bronco II 2.8 V6) Engine into the Sunbeam Alpines mated to the late model Mustang T5’s and/or Automatic C3/4 & A4LD transmissions.

My Headers run straight-back similar to the Tiger exhaust system (not out the side). Didn’t like the set I bought in the available "kit" sticking out the side of the car. After trying to get different custom header shops for more then two years, I did it myself, then located a Header Fabrication Shop with my proto-type for production – Nice!

Also, available are: Engine mount brackets; transmission mounts for "both" the Manual 4 speed & BW35 automatic transmission Alpines; slave cylinder mount bracket; alternator mount bracket w/adjustment arm; the crosslink (formed not welded) with tie rod ends; modified thermostat housing with heater option; Gas pedal upper rod; Fuel pump block plate; Pilot shaft adapter; a Modified water neck for the upper radiator connection; and for you Guys or Gals wanting a cool Alpine I have an A/C mounting bracket w/adjustment arm.

Just finalized Electric Power Steering (EPS) for the Alpine. More on that later!

I offer the components either individually or together. In other words I will sell the headers by themselves; the engine mount brackets by themselves or any combination. You don’t have to buy a "complete" KIT to get a part you want, I aim to please for the buyers convenience.

E-mail me for pictures if interested in doing a Conversion to your Alpine at: Dan Richardson tiger2dan at g mail dot com or call 864-554-0814 EST 8Am -10PM

Thanks for your interest,

DanR

Dan Richardson
        Participant

Here are a few pictures of some of my Conversion Components…

Straight back headers (not sticking out the side).

Engine mounts with large rubber biscuits available from any Auto parts Store….

A picture of a group of components such as the transmission bracket T5 to Alpine; Thermostat modification, Water neck modified for a better and easier radiator connection… and more! Just ask,

DanR

Attachments:

Dan,
          Just wanted to add a note, I was impressed with your car at United, BTW nice choice of wheels

Dan Richardson
          Participant

Thanks for the compliment! I truly love the Sunbeam’s.

Viewing 5 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.