Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author

I spotted this Alpine at the Condon-Skelly ("we insure your fun") car show at the Mooretown NJ HQ on Saturday 9/27, hadn’t seen it or its owners in years.
      The former multi-1st place show winning car still looks great, and Bert & Cindy have also acquired a Tiger during their TE/AE sabbatical.

Bob and Jean Webb
      Participant

it’s been a lot of years since they were at a united. a couple of us were talking about the car while we were at the united and wondering if they still had it. the car still looks great. did you talk them into getting back into the club?
        bob

Yes, I think that they are "Back". We had a nice chat at the end of the show… we were "last out" of the parking lot. I wasn’t sure that they would recognize or remember me (I was Sunbeam "incognito" at the show with our ’89 Pace Car). It was fun to reminisce a little.
        They were "distracted" by boating for a few years, they are current members and indicated that they would be returning to activity with TE/AE.

Good to hear that they are still playing with Sunbeams! They have one of the nicest early Alpines out there.
        They should have brought their boat to St Michaels last year-we could have used it to cruise around town what with all the rain we had!
        Eric

quote 65sunbeam:

They should have brought their boat to St Michaels last year-we could have used it to cruise around town what with all the rain we had!
        Eric

that is not really very funny 🙄

For the uninformed (me), which Series is this Alpine? Thanks.

Bob and Jean Webb
        Participant

mark,
          it’s a series 2. we also plan on hitting up the suntan lotion people for samples for the goodie bags for the 2015 united.

quote 65beam:

mark,
          it’s a series 2. we also plan on hitting up the suntan lotion people for samples for the goodie bags for the 2015 united.

Bob – Thanks for the info… and I love your positive attitude 😀

That would be Bob that replied-though we are both organizing the Dayton United in 2015. Sunshine and warm weather are promised! Eric

quote 65sunbeam:

That would be Bob that replied-though we are both organizing the Dayton United in 2015. Sunshine and warm weather are promised!
          Eric

OK, I edited out my error… musta got my "beam" and "sunbeam" mixed up 😕
          As mentioned [several times already], we are looking forward to going back to Dayton in 2015 – and especially with good weather promised 8)

Bob and Jean Webb
          Participant

mark,
            don’t feel bad! you’re not the first to get confused by the forum names. but, if the weather in Dayton turns sour we’ll blame Eric for that.

Viewing 9 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.