Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author

I have a Nardi steering wheel I’d really like to install on my Tiger but I can’t find a hub. I would really like to use this wheel and just can’t believe there is no hub for the Alpine or Tiger, or that no other car that uses the same hub as this car for a Nardi steering wheel. Does anyone out there know how I can resolve this question? I mean, is there another type of hub or combination of hub/adapter that would work? If not, does anyone have a nice steering wheel with hub for a Tiger that they would sell? Thanks in advance for any input.

alpine-64
      Participant

Post a picture of the centre of the wheel.. and give some measurements. I have seen nardi wheels on tigers, you can either find the correct hub or make an adaptor for your wheel to fit an available hub.

Hi. What you posted is the same steering wheel I have and would like to mount on my car. What hub did you use? Where can I get one? Thanks!!!

alpine-64
        Participant

Its not my car,

It used to be owned by Mike Fuch, maybe try and contact him.

"I mean, is there another type of hub or combination of hub/adapter that would work? If not, does anyone have a nice steering wheel with hub for a Tiger that they would sell? Thanks in advance for any input."

Hello from beautiful, sunny South Dakota

I believe the hub for Moto-Lita will also work for the Nardi steering wheel. I believe the six hole mounting pattern is the same for both Moto-Lita and Nardi. The Moto Lita hub is available from
          several different sources. The Moto-Lita hub for the Alpine and Tiger is ML-B29. It is about $94 US when purchased through the Little British Car Company. You can visit their site at:
          http://www.lbcarco.com/cgi-bin/gen5?nex … 2012248&p=
          and typing Sunbeam Alpine in the search box. The hub for the Tiger is the same as that for the Alpine. I hope this helps you.

Paul A

Need to make a correction here on my earlier post: The Mota-Lita hub for the early Alpines with the non-adjustable steering column is B29. The hub for the adjustable column – later Alpines and all Tigers is B-30… The price is also about double at $180-195 or so.

from sunny South Dakota,

Paul A

OK, I am really an idiot tonite!!!!

The Nardi wheel will not work with the Mota-lita hub. Sorry ’bout that. I did find a page from Classic Motor sports, though, that indicates that the Rootes Group Depot may have a a hub that will work with the Nardi wheel. Check out this site for the article:

http://classicmotorsports.net/project-c … er/rollin/

Now then, that I’ve cleared up that issue – I hope – I think I’ll have a glass of wine and go to bed.

Paul A

Thanks for the input. I now have what I think was the last Nardi hub for these cars, and the Nardi steering wheel is installed. It is a huge improvement over the original in terms of feedback from the steering wheel I am shocked that there is no solution out there other than Moto-Lita, which I personally don’t like as much as the Italian wheels. By the way, I have a cool MOMO Prototipo from an old Porsche 911 I have that I wanted to try on the Tiger. It turns out that, although both brands are Italian and have 6 bolt, the MOMO steering wheel bolt pattern is different from the Nardi wheel’s. There are adapters that permit them to work together, though. Thanks again.

Mike Schreiner
          Participant

I have a Nardi Wheel on the shelf to use on my Tiger project…The box on the adapter center piece has Nardi part number 1584230 says Hub, MG B/Midget, 68-69 then the number 4301003102 Then a hand written label says MG Austin 3102 Box says Nardi Personal and Mozzo original hub ..PM me and I can email you a picture of it…Mike Schreiner also I know that when Grant used to make adapters to fit Sunbeam, they were same as MG Midget Austin Sprite

Viewing 8 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.