Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

Is there a reasonable after market gage that fits in the 4" hole for the speedometer and tach on the Tiger. I have looked at the Autometer and Stewart Warner gages and the 3-3/8 gages seem to be what they have. They have some that look very stock but the wrong size. I am not so concerned with being absolutely stock so much as nice looking and fit well. I saw a Cobra replacement that fit close but it was really a different look and had the opposite sweep speedometer.

quote Curt Hoffman:

Is there a reasonable after market gage that fits in the 4″ hole for the speedometer and tach on the Tiger. I have looked at the Autometer and Stewart Warner gages and the 3-3/8 gages seem to be what they have. They have some that look very stock but the wrong size. I am not so concerned with being absolutely stock so much as nice looking and fit well. I saw a Cobra replacement that fit close but it was really a different look and had the opposite sweep speedometer.

I’m using Autometer gauges dropped down inside of the stock bezel…fits perfectly.

Curt,

There is a marine gauge company that makes bezels that will allow 3 3/8" gauges to fit into a stock Tiger dash hole. They are at trickmarine.net. Go to bezels and you’lll see an assortment. I used a polished aluminum bezel for the speedo and tach.. They look similar but not the same as the SW gauges. The SW tach and speedo have no bezel, just a black body. The trickmarine bezel makes a snug fit. Looking at the back of the dash, I used a piece of a rubber pipe coupling that fit snug over the gauge body and the recess into the back of the dash. The Ushaped holder for the gauge presses against the piece of rubber coupling. Everything is snug and doesn’t move…yet.

Bill Marras

quote Curt Hoffman:

Is there a reasonable after market gage that fits in the 4″ hole for the speedometer and tach on the Tiger. .

I am using a 4" VDO tachometer in my V8 conversion. They are available from Summit Racing.

from sunny South Dakota,

Paul

Hi,

If your looking for a similar look to the original gauges there are some very nice gauges at the following site. All gauges should just slip straight in. Check out the telemetrix link very nice.

Here is the link: http://www.caigauge.com/index.htm

Regards, Robin.

Nice, and the right size too. Thanks.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.