Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      George White
      Participant

I already have the modern driveline adapter plate for early 5 bolt bell. I’m stuck on which trans to buy-they sell a front shift chevy s10 style shifter location t5 for $2,850. Would this come close to the stock 4spd shifter location-kind of a remake of the old Amc tailhousing deal i’m assuming ? Anyone ever completed the swap this way and if so what was involved other than a new hole and a trans mount fabrication ? Also if it’s more hassle than it’s worth i may go the modern driveline Tremec tkx tiger bolt in trans for 3800-Any inputs ? Thanks George

Paul and Marti Naro
        Participant

I’ve used Modern Driveline for several Mustang builds and they have been brainless installs. Support is great and I highly recommend them. I did not have to modify anything on my 65 and 66 fastbacks (toploaders). I would give them a call. Please follow up with a post! I am looking to do the same to my wife’s Mk1A at some point.

George – Hi, are you aware of the conversion kit by Tom Hall of ModTiger Engineering? Here’s the link to the website: http://tigerengineering.net/

Gary

George White
            Participant

We’ll do, thanks for the replies-to be continued

• This reply was modified 8 months, 3 weeks ago by George White.

I used TH’s conversion, bolted right in with very miner alteration to shifter hole so it looks stock with a 4 spd knob. 3plus years installed, no issues

Viewing 3 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.