Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Hello all,
      I’m new to the forum and I’ve been reading quite a bit about the differences in the various versions of Tiger’s. I read somewhere that MK1 cars had a spec plate riveted to them along with the JAL tag. Also I read that MK1A’s didn’t have this spec plate any more…. Is that correct? I’m just checking to be sure I understand what I’ve read verses what I’ve seen…

Thanks appreciate your help!!!

Daryl

That is correct Daryl. In fact the early MK1A did not have the spec plates but did have the four rivets which would have held the plate in place. I guess to fill the holes? Eric

Eric – is that “detail” about the early Mk1A cars fully “current” info?
      Our car is “sorta early” Mk1a (under #700), and several items – booster, seats, boot lid shape – seem to be “gray areas” in terms of what exactly is “correct”? Norm chimed in on Facebook about one item (I think-?- it was the booster) that updated info had been found.
      Our car did not have the data plate when we got it (was a nearly untouched 2-owner car), plate was not there… but now “the shop” added it the last time they were working under the hood. I’m wondering what the basis for that was?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.