Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Robert Rehman
      Participant

I got a booster from one of our club members. I seem to see several mounting brackets and styles in pictures. I see a 2 bolt flat bracket and a 3 bolt flat bracket. I also see a U shaped bracket bolted to the inner fender area in some pictures. My car is a March or April built MK1A Tiger. Does anybody know which is correct for my application. I can’t find any pictures in the parts books.

Robert, I don’t have any photos at my fingertips but I think I can describe what you need. You need two brackets.

One bracket is “L” shaped with a hole on the base (or short end) of the “L” and the other two holes are on the long side of the bracket. The holes will align with the two holes on the side of the servo.

The other bracket is about the same width as the “L” bracket and slightly shorter. It has a 90-degree bend at both ends The one bend is also bent at slight angle to the long portion of the bar.

Trust this helps ……………….TT

Sean Johnson
        Participant

here’s a pic. you can just see the top of the “L” bracket behind the booster hydraulic body.

Tom and Pam Jeffers
          Participant

Both brackets

Robert Rehman
            Participant

Thanks for all responses. I do not have the upper mount bracket but I see where the mount was on the firewall. The lower bracket I have mounts on three holes on the servo valve body and has 2 mount holes at the bottom. It looks like this is what TT is describing is in the second picture. So do I have the wrong lower mount bracket or are there different styles by build date ? Just a note here. I found out that the servo in my car now is a 1956 Ford or Tbird servo. They have cut the original lower bracket and modified to mount the Ford servo. It actually fits in there pretty nice and until I started looking at pictures I didn’t know it was the wrong servo. It is using 2 mount bolts to the body also. Any more information would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Robert Rehman
              Participant

OK I figured it out via the concourse tiger guidelines online on this site. The bracket changes are between the 5 inch booster and the seven inch booster. The seven inch booster has no upper bracket and a bigger lower bracket. The five inch brackets look fairly simple to fabricate. Thanks for pictures and responses. My confusion has been eliminated.

Viewing 5 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.