Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Hi everyone . Can someone please tell me the total max. cam lift at the valve and the duration @ 50 1000ths on a stock 260. thanks

Lift.380 duration 250deg. @ 0 Lash you can use the 289 cam which was the lat 20 option,
      lift .457 duration 282deg @ .020 lash with the stock heads try and find this book Performance
      Tuning the Sunbeam Tiger (1967) has a lot of info from the early years.

Joel

Joel – thanks for the info. I am trying to get the right combination of new cam and al. heads to upgrade the performance (along with a 4 bl) without having to change the pistons. the goal is to keep it sreetable and run pump gas. any ideas would be really appreciated as i am new at this – george

George:
      Its also my understanding that you can run the 289 heads, and a .040 head gasket,however the bigger valves require the pistons to be pocketed for the intake valve,hopefully this is correct info
      I’ve decided to run the stock heads and use a comp cams kit cam lifters springs etc from them.
      you should replace the rocker studs with the screw in type aparently this is a failing around 6k
      however with the stock heads a 1/4" needs to be taken off the stud boss to keep the correct ratio
      I talked to comp cams about a cam recommendation they gave me a spec has more lift than a 289 spec ,you need to clay a piston and run it thru to get the total clearance piston to valve this will tell you how much total lift you can run,also we are using an F4B and a 600cfm carb and a petronix dizzy
      comp cams liked that idea, also I talked to JE Pistons about pistons pricey at $1100 with pins & rings, Id like to run alloy heads also, however there may be an issue with the valve to piston.
      get that book I mentioned probably help a bit some one sent me one got a lot of info from days gone by.

Joel

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.