Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Ron & Linda Jones
      Participant

Anyone know what the colors of the 1725 shields are supposed to be? Mine are clear but there are some indications the #’s should be red but all the paint is missing from the shield itself.
        Thanks
        Ron

The numbers and letters are silver or chrome and the background is black :mrgreen:

Gary Tosel
        Participant

I have a set of 1725 badges with chrome numbers with a red background. There may be more than one type.

Thanks.

Ron & Linda Jones
          Participant

Interesting, it looked as if there was some red paint remnants in my #’s, but nothing left of the background or letters. I wonder if there are any more combinations?
            Thanks
            Ron

alpine-64
            Participant

all the rootes group badges used vacuum chrome for the lettering, the bakgorund colour was applied first but did not go into the recess, the crome was them applied and filled in the letters giving the 3d floating effect. Therew ere some 1725 badges that were red, as some "3" badges were, some of the S3 had the ribbed chrome stripes too, some had them, but not chromed.. typical variation from rootes

Ron & Linda Jones
              Participant

Cool, thanks, so there are some variations to the badge.
                This is what I’m doing w/the SV. It’s in the paint shop now, I’m having them do it in the 09 Honda S2000, Chacain Metallic Silver, black interior and the Robbin’s, red on black, top, (it’s more of a marroon). I’ve got a true red, black and "chrome" auto paint. My plan would be to first paint w/the "chrome" and remove the overspray then lay down the background. Any suggestions/opinions on whether to use the black or red for the background? Or even any better suggestions for doing the "chrome".
                Thanks
                Ron

Viewing 5 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.