Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

$150 refurbished heater dash control bezels, currently only have 3 available. Started with an original past it’s prime but in good physical condition core which obviously had lived a long, rough but awesome lifestyle. I guarantee that no good cores were harmed. Stripped to bare metal, check stud threads, sanded, primed, 3+ topcoats satin black (both sides), 2500g wet sand, lettered, 2+ topcoats Polyurethane, 2500G wet sand, +2 topcoats poly. Time consuming, not a money maker – just enjoyed the project and started because I wanted to do one for myself. Any feedback, opinions, etc. (positive or negative) would be appreciated.

Kragh – Hi, very nice work! What did you use for the lettering? I would like to redo the finish on my wooden dashboard, including the lettering for the switches. Thanks!
      Gary

The rub on lettering is AND A BIG THANKS to : SunbeamAlpineTigerSpares.co.uk where you can order. FYI I did mention to them they should look into same concept for dash lettering and was told ‘thats a good idea’ so hoping they can provide that also down the road. Re dash letter, I have used letraset lettering in the past – kind of a pain because you basically buy a sheet with a 100+ individual letters and you rub onto your dash (and correctly position, center, align, etc) each individual letter one letter at a time – not fun but it is not difficult either, more of a make you mind up and do it sort of project. Do it – if you make a mistake, you just carefuly scrach off the rub on lettering and do it over. Note, you do need to clear coat over these rub on letters otherwise they rub off very easily – I recommend 2-3 clear coats to make them ‘POP’

Wow. Looks better than new!! Nice work.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.