Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

I applied through Classic Motorsports Magazine and was selected for a new part time job ā€“ Tire Tester for Vredestein… the Sprint Classic radials are intended for older / classic “sports cars”, and available in my preferred [and hard to find] 205/60-13s (for the Tiger).
      This is a modern high performance / ā€œVā€ rated summer tire with classic looks, available in a range of 13-14-15 & 16 inch sizes to suit our old cars. These are rated Traction A / Treadwear 220 / Temperature B.
      The prices are very reasonable as well.
      I’ve only been on two joy rides so far, but they were smooth and quiet up to [& well beyond] the posted highway limit. I’ll follow up once they are broken in and I can push them around some curves.
      I dug thru some old files and found that I had purchased Vredestein ST70 tires back as soon as we bought the Tiger in 1985! What comes around goes around, I suppose…
      mounted & ready
      new shoes

Richard Fritz
      Participant

I checked TireRack for their ratings and prices. At $178 they’re a bit pricey, but the reviews are really good. 13″ tires are hard to find in local tire outlets but online sources usually have them. I bought 13″ Maxxis tires for my Alpine 4 years ago in a 185/70 profile and they a great tires for the type of driving I do. As I recall there were at least 10 manufactures offering 13 inchers at the time. I bought the Maxxis brand for their high rating.
        The 13″ Vredstein tires at tire rack are available in the two popular sizes for Alpines and Tigers, 185/70-13 and 205/60-13. I will consider them next time around.

Richard Fritz
        Participant

I checked TireRack for their ratings and prices. At $178 they’re a bit pricey, but the reviews are really good. 13″ tires are hard to find in local tire outlets but online sources usually have them. I bought 13″ Maxxis tires for my Alpine 4 years ago in a 185/70 profile and they a great tires for the type of driving I do. As I recall there were at least 10 manufactures offering 13 inchers at the time. I bought the Maxxis brand for their high rating.
          The 13″ Vredstein tires at tire rack are available in the two popular sizes for Alpines and Tigers, 185/70-13 and 205/60-13. I will consider them next time around.

Viewing 2 reply threads
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.