Joe – Hi, you can get the 4-inch rubber or-rings from Moss Motors – Part No. 280-890, used on MGA instruments. I just installed them on my Alpine speedo and tach, one under the bezel and another between the instrument and the dashboard.

In regards to the paint it might be just as easy to get a good case from EBay and put your guts in it.