Rick sent me the rebuild kit last week, I think it was about $90 plus shipping. Yesterday I got to it, and it was actually kind of a fun project. Once disassembled, it was obvious that mine had never been rebuilt, with a torn leather diaphragm on the big end, and all the little rubber seals were considerably smaller in diameter than the new parts- no wonder it leaked. Directions were very clear. The only thing I could NOT change was a single rubber washer inside the valve body- I just couldn’t get a good grip on the snap ring that held it in there, and the more I fooled with it the more I got concerned I would scratch the bore, which would be worse. So we will see if that becomes a problem. All the other parts of the kit went in easily, and reinstalled it in the car, carefully hooking the brake and air lines. Topped the master cylinder reservoir up, fired up the car. I know I will need to bleed everything to be officially done, but all seems good! Pedal gives it back to me, no leaks, and no more smoke screen of burning brake fluid when you pump the brakes. I will bleed everything today I hope, then a proper road test around the neighborhood…
All posts, newest on top
In order to add a new topic, or look through the categories, either use the drop down link (top) to Fourm Categories (shown right) or use the link to Forums Table of Contents here.
After you have chosen a Category for your new topic, scroll to the bottom of the page to find the form to add your question or comment.