Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Will there be any clearance problems, front or rear, using 15" x 7" wheels with a 60 profile tire? Would a different profile tire be better with respect to clearance, or are these wheels just too big?

Thanks.

Fred Baum

I’ve got 15 X7 Mini Lite wheels with 185-55-15 tires front and back with stock suspensionand there’s plenty of room.
      185-55-15 has 23.1 " diameter, 7.6" section and 6.6" tread width.
      185-60-15 has 23.7" diameter, 7.4" section and 6.2 tread width.

Hope that helps.

Bill Marras

alpine-64
      Participant
        quote CLEVITE:

Will there be any clearance problems, front or rear, using 15″ x 7″ wheels with a 60 profile tire? Would a different profile tire be better with respect to clearance, or are these wheels just too big?

Thanks.

Fred Baum

Fred.. profile is a percentage of width.. so depending on what width the tyre is..

The wider the tyre the lower the profile you will need. also the wheels offset will play a big role in how it affects the front. The leading edge of the tyre can catch the valence on lock with the tigers.. i just switched tyres.. and found out to my own cost..

15×7 would be very wide for the front.. and likely you would need a 205 tyres minimum.. id say 15×6 front and 7 rear.. and selct your tyres cerfully.. and check the lower frnt valence on full lock both ways..

Hi Fred,

Something else to keep in mind with the tyre profile is your speedo calibration. Going too big or too small will put your speedo out, unless you change the speedo drive ratio.

Regards, Robin.

Viewing 3 reply threads
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.