Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
    • #57684

      Has anyone replaced the engine info plate on the valve cover and if so how did you get it engraved / stamped with the info. ? thanks – george

    • #63961

      If you have the old plate, you will need to find a set of stamps that are close to the orginal numbers and letters, and then good luck, I have done several over the years and they turn out very good. 8)

    • #63962
      Rick Lara

        I have been told that you can use an old typewritter with keys that resemble our Sunbeam letters to make the ID plate numbers fairly close.

        Rick Lara

      • #63965

        If you’re interested in having someone else do it, I can recommend Larry Atkisson. He prepared a label for me a couple years back. Great job.

        Larry Atkisson


      • #63974

        Thanks everyone for the help – george

      • #63975
        Bob and Jean Webb

          sunbeam specialties still shows them in their catalog. it might be worth a call to see if he has them.

        • #63976

          You see them on Ebay once in a while but they are not the right size. They are a little smaller and make it more difficult to get the stampings correct with repsect to digit size and positioning.

          They are cheaper than Rick’s but you get what you pay for.

          Fred Baum

        • #63977

          If you contact Larry about doing the valve cover label, he provides the labels as well as printing service. I already had the label so I only paid for the printing but he did offer the whole package.

      Viewing 7 reply threads
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.