Viewing 15 reply threads
  • Author
      impbarn

October 4 – 8, 2012
      Lodging:
      Oak Tree Lodge, Seiverville, TN 37862
      (with – Hospitality Suite / Convention Center)

Registration details in the April edition of Rootes Review.

Thursday
      – Group Dinner @ "Damon’s"

Friday
      – Dragon Tour
      – Group Dinner @ "The Apple Barn"

Saturday
      – Cade’s Cove Tour
      – Concours
      – Tech Sessions
      – Group Dinner @ "The Old Mill"

Sunday
      – tour of FLOYD GARRETT’s Muscle Car Museum
      – Banquet

… and more fun with old and new friends.

Thanks for posting this info! We are looking forward to the United. Eric

Any mention of an autocross is conspicuously missing! Will one be added at a later date?

Gene

impbarn

I too enjoy the autocross.
      Since the club doesn’t have our own timing equipment and an appropriate venue could not be found in the area, I don’t think there will be an autocross this year.

quote ImpBarn:

I too enjoy the autocross.
      Since the club doesn’t have our own timing equipment and an appropriate venue could not be found in the area, I don’t think there will be an autocross this year.

… just have to "make do" by grabbing the "Tail of the Dragon" for an adrenaline fix at this year’s event(?)

Here is a link to the host hotel for the United-looks like a really nice place.

Oak Tree Lodge – Homepage

impbarn

Online registration is open.

http://www.rootesamerica.org/

The United early registration ends on August 1st! Register early to avoid the late fees……Eric

We are just about ready to roll! Where is the forum "buzz" for the United?
      Reserved the room, sent the registration to Vonda… oops, missed the "early" deadline.
      Waxed the Tiger earlier this month. Got the Van all detailed, too.
      Loaded Tiger on the trailer Sunday. Need a couple of new trailer tires – pick them up Saturday 9/29.
      Planning to depart Sunday or Monday for "Pigeon Forge" 😀 Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Mark

Mark,
      We will be there. However the Venezia is not ready and my Tiger crapped out last week 1 mile from my house with smoke out of the dash, and tweoloud backfires. Also the waterpump needs help, and new ones are on back order. So it will be the VW with partds to sell. Have a good tip down . CU Robert

Arrived late Tuesday afternoon. Very pretty here!
      Hotel is nice, staff providing great service – they even let me wash the Tiger right away :mrgreen: .
      A few more folks arrived this evening.

Bill Cooper

I just wanted to thank everyone involved for a wonderful time at the United. This was my first. Sunbeam people are the nicest of any car club I’ve ever been associated with. Well done! 😀
      Bill Cooper
      1965 Tiger MkI

Just arrived back in rainy south NJ after 610 miles from Sevierville. We had an uneventful drive, unlike some south bound folks on I-81 – we saw the remnants of 3 nasty accidents.
      The weather channel Sunday night said: "10% chance of rain" in that I-81 corridor for Monday – so of course it rained basically all day 🙄

A great time was had there at United XXXI – more to follow… it is back to the grind in the AM Tuesday.

Just noticed that we can vote for a shot of Alex’s distinctive MkII taming the "tail of the dragon’" as "photo of the week" at
      http://www.us129photos.com/#axzz28qQcHEYc

What a great time we had driving the Tail of the Dragon! 😀 We enjoyed the entire weekend and got to know some nice people. Our drive home started out moist, but quickly cleared as we drove west. Wish we could have stayed for the banquet and to talk about our experiences. Hope to see y’all next year!

impbarn

Looks like you all had a great time.
      Sorry that I couldn’t join you… duty calls.

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.