Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author

——————————————————————————–

Sunbeam Owners

The next Sunbeam SOS (Sunbeam Owners of the South) Event will be September
      22-23 2007 at Columbia, South Carolina.
      We will spend Saturday doing a little fun driving on some very nice back roads on our inaugural "One Lap around Lake Wateree" and end up at a lakeside park for a cookout and Sunbeam talk. Following that we will head over to a nearby workshop where Jim Ellis will delve deep into his V-6 Alpine project and answer any engine conversion questions you may have as well as any other Sunbeam repair issues that you have been wondering about.
      A local BBQ place will be the location for dinner and socializing. And then from 8 until 10 PM there will be a hospitality suite set up at The Hampton Inn which is the show’s host hotel. The next morning we will all meet up at the Carolina British Classics Show and put on a display of Sunbeam automobiles that will hopefully dominate the field of all British cars! So come join us-the weather will be cool and the driving fun as we all get together again to enjoy our Sunbeams. There will be no charge to attend the SOS-just bring something to share at the cookout.
      There is a registration charge for the Carolina British Classic Show.

Here is the link to the registration form for the show on Sept. 23rd
      http://www.capitalfinancialpartners.com … 20form.pdf

Info about the club, the event, and host hotel is at http://www.britishcarclubmidlandscentre.com/
      Quite a few folks have already registered and everything is lined up for a great event-hope y’all can join us. If there is anything else you need just ask! Hotels that are nearer to the SOS are available as well. The SOS site is about 30 miles from the show site. Please email me at [email protected] for the SOS schedule and other info and to let me know how many will be attending the SOS.
      Thank you,
      Eric Gibeaut

I think at least 20 Sunbeams should be expected for this event. We already have ten that I know of coming.

A SOS one day and the following day an all British Car Show!

What a way to get ready for the UNITED in Daytona!

Cheers,

Todd

Eric, What time on Sat. dose all the events start? The wife and I only planned to come down on Sat. and stay over nite for the show on Sun. Do we need to come down on Fri?

Hi George
      We are still working on the final schedule but the first event of the day on Saturday will be the Sunbeam drive and it will start about 10 AM-so you should be able to just come down early Saturday AM. Stay tuned!
      Eric

An update from the Sunday British Car Show’s organizer Todd Smith…..

Just a friendly reminder asking everyone that plans on attending this event to pre-register. The cut-off is August 22, 2007. This will help everyone if you do. We can get a better feel for planning the SOS, the show on Sunday and you will save money! If you pre-register you will only pay $20.00 for the all British show on Sunday and you will recieve a free t-shirt. If you get your motel room prior to August 22, you will save $40.00 per night. Several people are coming in on Friday so they will be in town the morning of the SOS. Remember to ask for Holly Boozer or Stephanie at The Hampton Inn to get your Friday night room. Eric is busy getting a fun schedule put together for us. There is a good chance we will have 20 or more Sunbeams at this event if everyone comes that has said they would. Any questions, please feel free to give me a call, (803)397-5556.

Cheers,
      Todd

The SOS is almost a month away! Here is what we plan on doing-bring a
      Sunbeam and come join us.

Saturday Sept. 22

9:30 AM-Meet at Camden South Carolina Revolutionary War Park. Take exit #98
      on I-20 and go North on US 521 towards Camden for 1 1/4 miles, the park
      will be on your right. http://sciway3.net/outdoors/park-war.html

10:30 AM- Leave the park and head off on our "One lap around Lake Wateree".
      Very Sunbeam friendly roads with some wonderful twists and turns
      along the way. Half way around the lake we will stop at Lake Wateree State
      Park for a Sunbeam cookout. Please bring something to share with the
      others-we will provide the burgers and hot dogs.
      http://www.stateparks.com/lake_wateree.html

2:00 PM- We will leave the state park and finish our lake drive along some
      scenic roads and then head to tour Jim Ellis’s secret "dark side workshop"
      where he will encourage others to come join him in the V-6 Sunbeam world.
      6:00-7:00 PM- We can all go to dinner at a local Southern BBQ place which is
      located on Alpine Drive!
      7:00-10:00 PM- Then it is on to a welcome reception at the car show’s host
      hotel The Hampton Inn.

Sunday Sept. 23

8:30-12:00- Registration is open for the Carolina British Classics Car
      Show-see you there!

Please email me and let me know how many to expect for our SOS.
      There is no charge for the SOS-it will cost a few dollars to enter the Lake
      Wateree State Park and there is a registration fee for the show on Sunday.
      Eric [email protected]

Here is more news from Todd Smith-he is the organizer of the show on Sunday.

Hey Gang,

The SOS on September 22nd and the all British Car show on September 23rd is right around the corner. The SOS is going to take palce just outside of Columbia , SC and the all British car show will take place at a park downtown Columbia, SC. It appears we will have a great showing of Alpines with a few Tigers scattered around. I went to the host motel today and I was told that they will honor the reduced rate all the way up till the time of the show as long as they have rooms. Please remember to ask for Stephanie when you call. Let’s get those cars back on the road and enjoy another great Sunbeam event. More details at:

http://www.britishcarclubmidlandscentre.com

Cheers,

Todd

Well I have pre-run our scenic Sunbeam drive route (you will LOVE it!), the picnic shelter at the park is reserved, menu being selected, Harrington is ready, all we need is you to join us on Saturday at the SOS! Or come on Sunday to see a nice assortment of Sunbeams at the show. Eric

I can only do the SOS part of the show, got a whole house full of out of towners coming this week end….

The latest Sunbeam count from Todd

The time is here. If everyone remembers it was this event that created some re-thinking on the date of the Invasion. They were nice enough to move the Invasion for us now we need to come out and enjoy another Sunbeam event here in South Carolina. It appears we will have 15 ( ten Alpines, four Tigers and a Harrington) or so Sunbeams here and could get up to around 20 if you come. Scroll down to the previous messages and get the website for more details. Last check the weather was going to be in the upper 80’s. A drive around a beautiful lake and a cookout are some of the things we will do.

The day after this event will be an all British Car Show with over 100 British beauties in Finlay Park, downtown Columbia, SC.

You get two for one this weekend!!

Cheers,

Todd

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Past Events Including Past Uniteds’ is closed to new topics and replies.