Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

Does anyone know who supplies factory style air cleaner assemblies.

I have found several suppliers on e-bay that have oval air cleaners with "ford" or "cobra’ lettering but I am looking for something a little closer to the original…

I thought at one time I read that somebody was reproducing the originals. (LOL! Maybe I was dreaming )

Thanks…

There was a guy in Australia selling repro (fiberglass??) air cleaner tops on eBay a while ago but the starting bid was over $300 I believe. Doug Jennings sold a few fiberglass ones years ago but I don’t know if he still has any……Eric

Mike Schreiner
      Participant

I have sold a few Allum Tiger Lettered ones on ebay in the past. But sadley my friend and supplier in the UK passed away this week. I have only four left. One I am giving to a neighbor/freind and will soon ebay the other three. . Also someone is repro ing orig ones in fibreglass. I have seen one once and they were nice. Mike Schreiner

Air cleaners
        And all the loose items, you would think and I do every once in awhile. That someone, for as many talented people there are on all these different web site and forums, could take on some project and make some items worth while.

That being said, I know it cost money to start a project, and more to maintain it. There are so many things that a lot of persons pay a lot of money for. After all a part was made from a copy to start with, and doing so now won’t hurt any copy right laws.
        Just wish I had a large shop, I think I would have way too much fun.
        Wheew what did I say?

Any way just a thought, I don’t know how many Sunbeam type cars/ Rootes driven there are out there, but that is a lot of minds going to waste just changing plugs and oil.
        Don’t you think?
        Have a great holiday season.
        Chuck in Clackamas OR.

quote mikeflbmer:

I have sold a few Allum Tiger Lettered ones on ebay in the past. But sadley my friend and supplier in the UK passed away this week. I have only four left. One I am giving to a neighbor/freind and will soon ebay the other three. . Also someone is repro ing orig ones in fibreglass. I have seen one once and they were nice. Mike Schreiner

Mike –

I’m sorry to hear about the loss of your friend.

Also – would you consider at all selling one of your Tiger lettered assemblies direct to me?

Thanks…

Viewing 4 reply threads
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.