Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

I need a new started for my 289 Mustang, and there is a mini starter on eBay. Item number is: 130042793349, and this is the description in the auction.

ONE NEW HI TORQUE MINI STARTER FOR ALL SUNBEAM TIGER MODELS WITH 260 289 AND 302 ENGINES. WILL FIT CARS WITH STOCK EXHAUST MANIFOLDS OR HEADERS. IN FACT HEADER CLEARANCE IS MUCH BETTER THAN STOCK. THIS IS A PERMANENT MAGNET GEAR REDUCTION TYPE UNIT AND HAS A 3 YEAR WARRANTY. WILL CRANK OVER EVEN THE HIGHEST COMPRESSION ENGINES WITH EASE! ABOUT 5 LBS LIGHTER THAN STOCK!

I asked him a question about the fit to a 260, since I had at one time been given a 289 starter when I ordered a 260 starter. He said this starter is the same as the Ford 1.6Kw unit and will fit all the Ford motors listed.

Any one have experience with these starters? I could use the extra clearance around the headers on the Mustang.

Fred Baum

[b][/b]

No, but it looks like it would work.

No. Looks like it would work. Its UR $ so I’d go for it.

Thanks, #2, I will try for it. The worst that happens is I put it on eBay myself and try to recoup what I paid for it.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.