Viewing 13 reply threads
  • Author

Sunbeam Owners of the South will be gathering at the Walter Mitty Vintage races at Road Atlanta this April 28-30. We will have reserved parking in the infield and we’ll be staying at a local hotel. More details will follow but for now check out http://www.themitty.com for event info.
      See you there! Eric

Eric-

I copied your notice of the SOS event so that I can place it in the RR.

Fred

We will be staying at the Wingate Inn in Buford, Georgia at exit 115 of I-85. This is right across the street from the the Mall of Georgia which has 225 stores for shopping. There is a block of rooms available until April 7th at $82 per night- phone 1-678-714-0248 and tell them you are with the Sunbeam sportscar group. Special room rates of $82 per night are available for April 27-30. The hotel website is:

http://www.wingateinns.com/Wingate/cont … andInfo=WG

This is the same hotel that we stayed at for the show at Chateau Elan last year and it is very nice. We will have a hospitality room and a swap meet as well.

Contact Eric Gibeaut at [email protected] for more info

Eric-

The latest info on the SOS event will go in to the March issue of RR.

Have a great day.

Fred

I have updated my earlier posts with a new Mitty website address. You must buy an infield parking pass to join us in the reserved Sunbeam parking area in the “Cars of the UK” area on Saturday and the deadline to buy discounted tickets for the Mitty is April 14th. We will even get to take a touring lap of the track in our cars! Our special block of hotel rooms will be held until April 7th. Please send me an email or a PM if you plan on bringing your car to the infield of the track so I can give the organizers a total count and also let me know if you will be joining us at the hotel. All Sunbeam, Hillman and Rootes cars are welcome! Thanks, Eric

Unless I get a lot of work done on the car, it looks like I will be towing from Jacksonville, probably on Friday. If anyone wants to make the trip with us, let me know. We will probably have to head back mid-day Sunday unless something changes.

This is the last week for the discount rate at the host hotel so get your Sunbeam ready to go and we will see you there! Eric

I am planning on driving my Talbot 90 from south Alabama .to the SOS Anyone else foolish enough to attempt this? It’s about a 350 mile round trip for me. Ed 🙄

All right Ed! Glad to hear you will be joining us and bringing your Talbot-it will probably be the only one there. It will be good to see you again. Eric

Eric-

I expect an article and photos for the RR as soon as you can complete them.

Have fun!

Have a great day.

Fred 😀

Will do Fred-wish you could join us. Vintage racing, Sunbeams, sunny weather and great people-won’t get any better than that! Eric

Bob and Jean Webb
      Participant

oh my! if ed is going to show up , i need to wash up another car.one that he does not know! the blue car stays home.i guess i need to take one of my all original rust buckets.know what i mean ed?

I have 20 cars confirmed for infield parking spaces and room for 5 more cars. Please let me know if you will be joining us in the Sunbeam/Rootes parking space so you will have a place to park! See you there-Eric

Well the Sunbeam is packed and we are ready to head on over to Georgia! Looks like good weather too-we are looking forward to seeing everyone again and also checking out all the cars at the races and the infield of the track on Saturday. See you there! Eric

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Past Events Including Past Uniteds’ is closed to new topics and replies.