Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

I just purchased a ’66 Series V Alpine (B395008497 OD LRX) from the original owner. The car has 66,435 miles on it… original paint and interior,etc. It is a real survivor that has been well cared for over the years.

I plan on taking photos of various parts of the car to post here, mostly to get input on the car’s current condition and tips on its care and preservation / restoration.

I first thought I’d ask about the tool kit, which appears to be the original but I’m not sure it is complete. I’ve attached a couple of photos.

Do these appear to be the proper Series V tools? Am I missing one or more items? I was also wondering what the proper location of the tool kit is (to the left of the spare?).

Any input would be appreciated!

Regards,

Bill Waite
      Grand Rapids, MI

Welcome!
      Your tool kit looks great-the only thing I see missing is the feeler gauges and those are very hard to find (not that the other tools are easy to find….). I think a pair of pliers was included in the kit as well.
      The tool kit should mount vertically to the left of the spare tire, a cloth strap with a buckle on it held it in position. Is the strap still there? Many of those fell apart over the years. Please post photos of your car-we like one owner originals! Eric

Thanks a lot for your reply, Eric! Looks like I need to be on the look out for feeler gauges and some pliers? But… I can happily report that there is a strap in great condition to the left of the spare tire. So… now I know that the tool kit needs to be affixed by that strap.

Thanks for your help.

Can anyone post a photo of the original pliers and the original feeler gauges so I can see what I’m missing?

Regards,

Bill

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.