Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      1-mad-john

Just installed rubber weatherstrip that goes on the top of the door and seals door/window on the outside. Took a minute to figure out that the clips need to be seated in the slots part way then the rubber gets inserted between the door and clip. The clip then gets pushed all the way down and the teeth in the clip catch the rubber to "secure" it in place. Looked good when I finished–however–when rolling down the window, the seal gets pulled down into the window channel in some places. Has anyone else ever dealt with this problem?

alpine-64

The seals can sometimes have to much friction as in they are seated to hard against the glass and when they are rolled down those points roll the leading edge of the rubber over and then it drags down, try adjusting the clips a little at those points so there is not as much pressure from the seal to the glass.

johnsons63
      quote 1 Mad John:

Just installed rubber weatherstrip that goes on the top of the door and seals door/window on the outside. Took a minute to figure out that the clips need to be seated in the slots part way then the rubber gets inserted between the door and clip. The clip then gets pushed all the way down and the teeth in the clip catch the rubber to “secure” it in place. Looked good when I finished–however–when rolling down the window, the seal gets pulled down into the window channel in some places. Has anyone else ever dealt with this problem?

hi there im new in this forum… i would like to ask for some suggestions on where can i buy a good and cheap inner and outer door belt weatherstrips online aside from ebay…

I saw this one but its a bit expensive for a Belt Weatherstripping

alpine-64

Try "Sunbeam Specialties" or "Classic Sunbeam" depending on which coast you are on.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.