Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

I have an all original 1965 260 Sunbeam Tiger engine that was taken out of a car early-on. It needs a complete rebuild, but everything except the valve covers and starter are there, and it is all original. I don’t have a need for it, so my question is this: Should I sell it as a complete unit, or part it out? It would be nice for someone looking to restore a Tiger to all-original, or the individual OEM parts could be useful. If I decide to part it out, what are the Tiger-unique parts that are valuable? It has the original water pump, timing cover, 2 barrel carb, carb spacer, manifold, distributor, heads, remote oil filter, pulley, exhaust manifolds, etc. Are the parts worth more than the unit as a whole? Please let me know your thoughts.

Engine block color – Black
      Engine casting number – C40E-6015E
      Engine casting date – 4F25
      Engine build date – 5A19C
      Intake manifold casting number – C40E-9425
      Intake manifold casting date – 4G8
      Engine tag numbers – 260 65 5 (first row) 5-A 510 (second row)
      Distributor – Z5TF 12127 C (first row) 5AA (second row)
      Carb ID numbers – C4ZF F
      Right head casting date – 4M23
      Left head casting date – 4M28
      Water pump C5AE-8505-C (first row) 7 (second row)

From the assembly date code 5A19C – this engine appears to be in the F21KA engine group.
      Too bad the valve covers are gone and the engine # and Vin # are not available.

Ron Fraser

quote rfraser:

From the assembly date code 5A19C – this engine appears to be in the F21KA engine group.
      Too bad the valve covers are gone and the engine # and Vin # are not available.

Ron Fraser

Thank you Ron. The information that you shared is excellent. Maybe someone with a car from that era could use this for a stock restoration.

The engine has been sold.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.