Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      stu

Hi New England:

Sorry I didn’t get to you sooner, but unemployment has a way of diverting your attention to more important tasks. No Tiger projects this year, just fuel and insurance.

Anyway, here’s what we have so far for regional events for this year:

June 24: British Car Day at the Larz Anderson Auto Museum in Brookline, MA. Same place as usual, they just changed the name a couple years back. Assuming it doesn’t rain like last year, we could have 200+ British cars of every imaginable description dripping oil on the museum’s lawn. It hardly seems possible, but this is the 20th year for this event. Every year TE/AE members have supported the organization of this event, with our folks in registration, counting votes, etc. Details are at: http://www.mot.org/Events/lawn.html

Labor Day Weekend: Lime Rock Vintage Racing and car show. I don’t have any official word yet, but it is highly likely that some Sunbeams will again take to the track. Last year, Dave Kellogg premiered his Alpine, while Steve Silverstein had an engine incident with his white #74 Alpine. Word is it is coming back together, and he even has a second red Alpine in the works. Details for Lime Rock are at:

Home

October 6-7: Sunbeams in Maine. Tod Brown is repeating his event from last year, in the Warren/Pemaquid Point/Owl’s Head area. Yes. It is the same time as the United, but it is near the other end of Route 1, so it isn’t that much of a conflict. For details, contact Tod at : [email protected]

Does anyone have any ideas for a mid summer event? Let me know and we’ll try to put something together.

There are numerous cruise nights around, at least three within 20 minutes of my house, for instance. Find one and go.

Other events that might be of interest:

June 9: Heritage Museums & Gardens and the Cape Cod British Car Club host their annual celebration of automobiles. This year will be bigger than ever as they invite their Continental neighbors. French, German, Italian, Swedish and other European automobiles and motorbikes will be on display alongside their British neighbors. Free with Museum admission. For details, see:
      http://www.heritagemuseumsandgardens.or … auto_shows

Poke around their site for info on the beautiful gardens that surround the show field, plus their small but interesting car museum. I am going to try to get there (without the Tiger), but the “Honeydo” list is looking mighty imposing at the moment.

Stu,
      Who is planning on going to this event? I am going to drive the Tiger from New Haven, CT.
      Rob

stu

I assume you mean British Car Day? I’ll be there, doing registration and photo stuff. Dave Kellogg usually is there, but word is that Rande may be away that weekend. Other than them it’s hard to say, except we usually have anywhere from 4 to 10 Sunbeams, along with close to 200 British cars total. Folks usually don’t RSVP for this one.

I hope to have the Tiger there, but you know how British cars are…

Stu

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Past Events Including Past Uniteds’ is closed to new topics and replies.