Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      impbarn

35th Annual BASH (Bring A Sunbeam Here)

Rough-N-Tumble Engineers Historical Association event in Kinzer, PA near Lancaster

Date: May 8, 2010
      Start time: 10 a.m.

A family day of watching, listening and smelling machines actually work, exhibits, antique cars, Sunbeams (yours). An educational and entertaining day filled with: Tractors, Earth Movers, Steam Engines, Tractor Pulls, Antique Cars, Steam Locomotive Shay Railway Rides, Hit-and-Miss engines, Food and Ice Cream. Get your Steampunk on and step right back into the industrial revolution!

Dinner theater Friday evening (May 7) for early arrivals.

More info on this event to follow

Want to participate in the planning? Contact TigerTom

impbarn

I gotta tell everyone I really like this venue. Rough and Tumble is one of my fav museums because you can see, smell, and watch things operate just like they did 100 years ago. (Despite my daily work with some of the most cutting edge technology, I’m a steam fanatic at heart.) Perhaps I should consider a coal-powered Steam Imp ???? Hmmmmmm

With our spring B.A.S.H. participating in the Rough and Tumble "Spring Steam Up" we’ll be honoring the "Rootes" of the technology that later gave us our beloved automobiles. Its a gear-head’s paradise. In the spirit of the event and good camaraderie; would anyone want to join me in dressing up in industrial revolution period clothing? (Tiger Tom will have no problem fitting into the Ag exhibits with his bib overalls.) Don an engineer’s hat? a waistcoat? starched collar? bowler brim? Ladies a wide brimmed hat? think Edwardian. Its just something fun I thought to spice up the BASH.

Do we think we’ll have enough officials present to hold TAC inspections?

Remember ladies (and gents)… we’ll also be very close to the Lancaster factory outlet stores and some quaint small town shoppes.

impbarn

There will be a special guest joining us for the BASH. I know you all will show him our famous TEAE family hospitality. My new pen-pal friend Malcolm is planning to bring his RHD Hillman Imp.

impbarn

The dinner theatre was entertaining on Friday evening. We enjoyed a nice dinner together before the entertainment.

Saturday in general was a good day. Other than a brief spotty shower at the beginning, it was a rain free day east of the Susquehanna. There were 40 MPH winds with heavy gusts according to the weatherman. There were 23 Rootes cars. 2 Imps, a Grace Kelly Alpine (Renia’s) 6 Alpines and the rest Tigers. Three Tigers were TAC’ed.

Over 60 people attended. (Four from Canada.) Dust permeated everything by the end of the day.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Past Events Including Past Uniteds’ is closed to new topics and replies.