Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Bob and Jean Webb
      Participant

long time TE/AE member dan morris of jackson , ohio passed away on sunday december 25,2011. dan was diagnosed with cancer last month. dan and his wife were always at uniteds and suni’s when his wife’s health permitted. she passed away in february 2011. he never brought any of his sunbeams to events even though he had several alpines and a tiger. he did rescue tiger tom a few times on the trip to suni 1. he was always driving his low mileage all original alpine around town. dan recently made the trip to reno,nv with me to pick up the harrington that jean bought. he was at the united at french lick ,indiana. those of us that spent time with him at the local liars table will miss him. dan was 72.

Thanks for letting us know Bob. Dan had been to many Uniteds in the past and it was always good to talk to him. Our thoughts and prayers go out to his family. Eric

Dan was my Sunbeam Teddy Bear. I never knew Dan until one day the Tow Tiger was stranded in the MO farm country on an interstate between exits that were miles apart. I sat there for a few moments and realized I had to walk to an exit. I stepped out of the Tiger and hadn’t taken but two steps and this complete stranger comes to a screeching halt and hollers out his window, "TIGER TOM". So here I am out in the middle of no where by myself on a blistering hot late afternoon ill prepared for trouble when this good Samaritan pops into my life. Having a green Tiger with orange stripes tends to place a label on you. I had serious engine problems and Dan hauled me all over Mo til I got my self under control and to Buck Emmert’s (Welding) who was another Samaritan in this escapade. While Dan was hauling me around I found out he was an Interstate truck driver. I asked him his handle and found out it was "Beachcomber".

I’ve stayed in contact with Beachcomber through years and always had a soft spot for his touching low key easy going Teddy Bear persona. He and his wife have been to many Uniteds and I always made it a point to spend time withthem and share in Beachcombers life stories. His wife passed away this past year and I noticed he was distraught at this past United. I did my usual best to cheer him up, we had a few laughs and he enjoyed himself as we broke bread at one of our meals with him. Glad I was able to add a little cheer in his last days. I owed him a lot and he would not accept a thing. All I could ever do was give him a big Teddy Bear guy hug at each United. I think he appreciated that.

TT

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.