Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

A friend of mine met Lee Talbot at a vintage race at Kershaw, South Carolina this last weekend. Lee told him that he had raced a Sunbeam at LeMans in the early 60’s. I wish I had been there to talk to him last weekend-does anyone know any more info about his previous Sunbeam racing experience?! Thanks, Eric

stu

Steve Silverstein was parked next to him at Lime Rock in ’03. He will know more.

In the meantime, search for his name on Google. Typical underacheiver. ;-))) The environmental expert? Same guy.

Stu

It was Lee that we were parked next to at Lime Rock last year. Man, I look at his resume and I feel like a dud…anyway… he drove for Rootes on occassion and was scheduled to run at Le Mans if I remember what he told me. Unfortunately, in 61′ they only ran two cars versus three.

He did win his class in one of the major rally.

I have tried to write a couple of times but I haven’t ever gotten a response. … unfortunately.

I would love to see him write up his racing experience with Rootes.

Steve

It was Lee that we were parked next to at Lime Rock last year. Man, I look at his resume and I feel like a dud…anyway… he drove for Rootes on occassion and was scheduled to run at Le Mans if I remember what he told me. Unfortunately, in 61′ they only ran two cars versus three.

He did win his class in one of the major rally.

I have tried to write a couple of times but I haven’t ever gotten a response. … unfortunately.

I would love to see him write up his racing experience with Rootes.

Steve

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.